At Euronaval 2014 ST Engineering introduced the MCM configuration of its Venus USV

a
EURONAVAL 2014 Show Daily - ST Engineering Venus USV

At Euronaval 2014 ST Engineering introduced the MCM configuration of its Venus USV

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, Singapore based ST Engineering introduced its Venus USV in a new mine counter measure (MCM) configuration. The Venus Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) is a highly customisable, yet modular platform.

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, Singapore based ST Engineering introduced its Venus USV in a new mine counter measure (MCM) configuration. The Venus Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) is a highly customisable, yet modular platform. VENUS USV scale model in MCM configuration on ST Engineering stand at Euronaval 2014

It is designed to meet the growing interest in re-configurable USVs for multi-missions. The modular approach of the Venus USV facilitates the integration of multi-missions modules which can be configured for different missions and deployed for use in dangerous situations without risking human lives. The Venus family of USVs includes the 16-metre Venus-16, the 11-metre Venus-11, and the 9-metre Venus-9.

The Venus USVs has been successfully integrated with four different payloads to perform different types of missions:
• Towed Synthetic Aperture Sonar (TSAS) from Thales Underwater Systems to perform Mine Detection and Classification missions.
• Expendable Mine Disposal Systems (EMDS) from ECA Robotics to perform Mine Identification and Neutralisation mission.
• Remote Weapon Station (RWS) from OTO Melara to perform Force Protection missions.
• Dipping Sonar from Thales Underwater Systems to perform Anti-Submarine Warfare missions.