At Euronaval 2014 South Korea's DSME showcased its latest projects: FFX Batch II Frigate & KSS-III

a
EURONAVAL 2014 Show Daily - DSME FFX Batch II and KSS-III

At Euronaval 2014 South Korea's DSME showcased its latest projects: FFX Batch II Frigate & KSS-III

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, South Korean shipbuilder Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) showcased two of its ongoing projects: The FFX Batch II Frigate and the KSS-III heavy diesel-electric submarine (SSK).

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, Singapore based ST Engineering introduced its Venus USV in a new mine counter measure (MCM) configuration. The Venus Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) is a highly customisable, yet modular platform. KSS-III scale model on DSME stand at Euronaval 2014

Under the Jangbogo III programme, the first submarine is due to be handed over to the Republic of Korea Navy at the end of 2020, and the second at the end of 2022.

The original design of the submarine includes 6 VLS (vertical launch system) tubes. They would accomodate a future cruise missile in development by LIG Nex1 while the launchers would be provided by Doosan. It was announced earlier this year that Spanish company INDRA was selected to provide its electronic defense system (ESM) PEGASO and Babcock of the UK would design and manufacture the Weapon Handling System for the submarines.

It was officialy announced during Euronaval 2014 that Sagem would supply the optronic masts for the class. According to our own sources, Thales will supply sonar systems for the class.

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, Singapore based ST Engineering introduced its Venus USV in a new mine counter measure (MCM) configuration. The Venus Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) is a highly customisable, yet modular platform. FFX Incheon class Batch II scale model on DSME stand at Euronaval 2014

The scale model of the Incheon class frigate Batch II was also showcased by DSME during Euronaval 2014. Key updates of the Batch II over the ASW-focused Batch I include VLS and full electric propulsion system, as well as a larger hangar that can accomodate a 10-ton helicopter (Batch-I has hangar for lighter helicopters like AW159). About 8 ships of Batch II are going to be built in pairs by DSME until 2018. Some items like the MT30 gas turbine engines for the new propulsion system have already been delivered.

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, Singapore based ST Engineering introduced its Venus USV in a new mine counter measure (MCM) configuration. The Venus Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) is a highly customisable, yet modular platform.

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, Singapore based ST Engineering introduced its Venus USV in a new mine counter measure (MCM) configuration. The Venus Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) is a highly customisable, yet modular platform. FFX Incheon class Batch II scale model on DSME stand at Euronaval 2014

LIG Nex1 will provide a range of ship-launched SAMs which will see their first use with FFX Batch II (and with LST-II and MLS-II that use the same sensors as FFX or PKX).

The FFX VLS will also be able to employ VLS-launched variants of Haesung-I and Haesung-II series missiles (short-range tactical missile and long-range 'strategic' missile). Lastly, the Red Shark VL-ASROC will be added to Incheon's existing ASW kit.

At the Euronaval exhibition in Paris which was held from 27 to 31 October, Singapore based ST Engineering introduced its Venus USV in a new mine counter measure (MCM) configuration. The Venus Unmanned Surface Vehicle (USV) is a highly customisable, yet modular platform.